If you want to eat a healthy dessert, then poached pears is the perfect treat for you. Mix it up with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream for extra delight.
Before we tell you the simple recipe of poached pears, we will list down some health benefits of this fruit: –
Pears are packed with many health benefits. It has fibre, minerals, anti-oxidants and vitamins, which are essential for our health. Here are some of benefits of consuming pears.
- Helps prevent heart diseases: –Since pears have fibre in them, it helps reduce cholesterol levels in the body and protects from any heart diseases. If you have pears every day, you can reduce the risk of stroke by 60%.
- Pears help prevent cancer: – The fibre can help removing the carcinogenic cells and preventing colon cancer. Women after menopause can fight breast cancer by eating pears every day.
- Good for infants: – Since nobody can have any allergic reactions from this fruits, this fruit also sometimes help ease pains or redness of allergies. Infants can consume this fruit every day.
- Blood sugar control: – Though it is a little sweet in taste, yet high fibre and low glycerine in the fruit can control sugar levels and prevent your chances of diabetes.
- Good for building immunity: – If you have weak immunity, then eat pears every single day! The Vitamin C, copper, and anti-oxidants help in boosting immunity levels in the body
There are several other benefits of pears but it’s time to talk about the recipe…
The ingredients you need: –
- 8 to 10 pears
- A lemon with the zest removed
- An orange with the zest removed
- A vanilla pod
- 200 grams of caster sugar
- 600 ml of white wine
- A cinnamon stick
- And some vanilla ice to serve
For the chocolate sauce you need: –
- 300 grams of plain chocolate. You can use any chocolate you like
- 300 ml of double cream
- 150 ml of fresh milk ( you can use cold milk too but fresh milk is always better)
- 25 grams of butter
Steps to make the dessert: –
- Peal the skin of the pears and let the stalk but intact. Take the core from the bottom out with a sharp small knife. Cut the bottom and flatten it. But do not cut it too much as you don’t want to waste the fruit. Place the zests and pears together in a pan and add the rest of the ingredients too. Let everything boil in water. Make sure the pears are not very soft. So cook it for only 20 minutes.
- When the pear has cooled, strain out the remaining ingredients then you can pour this syrup back into the saucepan. Boil it until the syrup becomes half and thin.
- In the meantime, make the chocolate sauce. Take a bowl and set it over a pan of boiling water. Put in the cream, butter and milk in and it cook well. Put the chocolate cubes in this mix and keep stirring until blended. Let this mix get warm aside. Make sure it isn’t too thick. If it does become thick, then warm it in the microwave.
You are done with the recipe! You can serve the pears with chocolate syrup and vanilla ice by the side. So, next time you send fruit baskets UK, make sure you send a lot of pears and this recipe along.