One of the most important decisions you can make when you are remodelling your kitchen is determining what your new worktop will be made of. The look and feel of your worktop can set the mood and the style for your entire kitchen. There are many options to choose from, such as marble and granite. You need to carefully choose the type of worktop you want in your kitchen and consider all of your options because your choice determines the value of your home, the ease of maintenance, the durability, and the appearance of your kitchen.
If you are looking for the complete package, natural stone is most often the first choice. When homeowners look at a granite worktop, they see a tough, dependable, and easy to clean surface that will add beauty to their space. However, while granite may offer many benefits, quartz worktops may offer you even more.
Why You Should Choose Quartz
- Colour- When you choose a granite worktop, the colours and patterns available will vary greatly. It can be difficult to match a granite worktop later on with another slab of granite if you decide to add more granite worktops to your kitchen later. With quartz, you don’t have to worry about changes in patterns or colours on your current worktops and you can more easily add more quartz worktops to your kitchen later on. Because of the patterns and colours, quartz also provides you with an almost completely invisible seam.
- Safe for Food-While granite may discourage bacteria from setting up shop on your worktop, quartz actually prevents it because it is non-porous. You don’t have to worry about your worktops harbouring bacteria that could end up making you and your children sick with quartz, as long as you regularly clean the surface.
- Durability- There are three minerals in the world that are strong and more durable than quartz: sapphire, diamond, and topaz. This makes the worktops you purchase extremely durable and resistant to breakage, chips, scratches, and burns. While they aren’t completely immune to abuse, you can live your life knowing a stray knife or a dropped pan of hot water probably won’t do it any harm.
- Beauty- Like granite, quartz worktops are a beautiful addition to any kitchen. However, quartz does have a bit of an advantage. Because quartz worktops are made instead of mined, you can actually choose the exact style, colour, and finish you want for your worktop, so you can always be sure it matches the elegant look of your kitchen.
- Low Maintenance- Like a granite worktop, you only need to wash quartz with soap and water to remove any germs, food, and spills. However, because granite is porous and quartz is non-porous, quartz has the advantage when it comes to maintenance: it doesn’t need sealed like granite does. This saves you from having to seal your worktop every six months or so.
Bob Gill is a representative of Affordable Granite and Marble. Do you want the best look for your kitchen? There are many options to choose from, like a granite worktop and marble, but quartz may be the best pick for you if you want a say in the particular style of your worktops and want to take advantage of the complete package this material offers. To see a greater selection of granite worktops and Quartz Worktops please see our website.