If you are signed up with a trade union, did you know that you could get discount on your home insurance? The way that this works varies from company to company, however you can sometimes save quite a bit of money doing it this way, so it is well worth looking into your options.
Many people think that home insurance isn’t something that they need, so they don’t bother to sign up for it. The truth is that they are put off by the cost. Many of us are on a budget, which means that we cannot afford to splash out on items that we don’t need. This is especially the case when it is a monthly payment that has to be made without any immediate benefit.
However you need to give consideration to how much the items in your home are worth and whether you could afford to replace items if they were stolen or destroyed in a fire. The likelihood is that you couldn’t afford to replace everything. This is why it is essential that you have some kind of home insurance policy, so you know that you are protected should the worse happen.
If you are a member of the Union trade union then you are entitled to discounted home insurance with UIA. The great thing about Unison home insurance is that they offer loads of different types of insurance for you, so whatever type of policy you are looking for they will do their best to help.
So of the benefits of using UIA’s home insurance option include:
- Interest free direct debits
- 24 Legal helpline with experienced claims handlers
- Alternative accommodation if your home becomes uninhabitable as a result of an insured event
- New for old replacement on items such as kitchen utilities, electrical and furniture
- Optional extensions such as legal and identity theft protection and home emergency cover
- Audio and computer equipment is covered against accidental damage
Union aren’t the only trade union that let you sign up for home insurance, other companies include Unite and NASUWT.
If you want to hear more about Union home insurance then head over to http://www.uia.co.uk/UNISON/House-Insurance/